Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Someone finally says it

I've been meaning to blog/rant about the absurdity behind all of the Tom Cruise hatred for a long, long time, especially after I went to see Valkyrie and found his performance to be solid, not horrendous, as so many people wanted to believe it would be. While back up in Chicago for the holidays I mentioned the movie to several people, and more than half said, "I hate Tom Cruise!" before proceeding to explain the details of his personal life as the reason. I'm not sure when an actor's personal life became the basis on which to evaluate his on screen performance, but I'm happy to know I don't really have to puzzle over it anymore, or even blog about it. Indeed, thanks to my procrastination, a much stronger voice has gone ahead and made the case against baseless actor bashing in a way I couldn't have. Have a read!

No comments: